Since it is the new year and we are all on health kicks, I felt it was appropriate to make a healthy baked treat to nibble on whilst we are busy getting into the groove of real life again. Banana loaves are so easy to make, delicious and can be used as a way to use up ingredients. Therefor, extremely useful. It is also a really light weight snack, so its perfect for your new detox diet!
- 2 Large Bananas (Or 3 small).
- 30z Unsalted Butter
- 3oz Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 8oz Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 Tablespoons of Milk
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F/Gas 3.
- Line a 2 pound loaf tin with greaseproof paper or butter. Or with a little liner like a big cupcake case. We had ran out so I simply tore a piece of greaseproof paper.
- Add all ingredients into the food processor and use the blade tool.
- Whiz up till the mixture is combined and looks like a banana yoghurt.
- Pour your mixture into your lined loaf tin.
- Place in the oven for an hour. Aga users like myself, place in the baking oven.
- When timer sounds, check that it is fully cooked by placing a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean, it is ready!
- Leave to cool and then take out of the tin. And Voila!